Saturday, November 3, 2007

Garden Vegetable Cream Cheese and Cucumber wrap

As a current University student, I know the feeling of constantly being "on the go" and I am sure that these days almost everyone can relate to leading a busy lifestyle. And wouldn't you know, one of my favourite parts of the day is taking a solid hour or two or more to indulge in a relaxing and tasteful dinner experience, which is usually a late one. Needless to say, lunch breaks do not always, realistically never, allow for a fabulous, homemade, sit-down meal.

Therefore, I have an "on the go" treat, which involves one of the few tricks I keep up my sleeve - who said "trick-or-treating" had to end last week? I have never been the type of person to get used to take-out or having fast-food "meals" on a daily basis, and so this is where these tricks come in handy. On the go? Looking for something quick, easy, and healthy? I don't mind if I do: The Garden Vegetable Cream Cheese and Cucumber wrap.

The Trick to your Treat of a worthwhile Lunch a.k.a. The Recipe


Ingredients:
pita (whole wheat for a healthier option), I recommend using Lebanese pita for a wrap as opposed to the thicker Greek pita; Lebanese pita is thinner and about 2 inches longer in elongation
garden vegetable cream cheese
cucumber

Lay your pita flat and spread your vegetable cream cheese over the surface, to your liking. The amount may determine the wrap's health factor. Slice your cucumber, and place the slices in a row as you would for a taco or fajita. Then wrap as you would a fajita, and you are all set.

You may be wondering "is that it?", but what seems like nothing special will prove otherwise to your taste buds. This wrap is extremely refreshing for an afternoon lunch. The crunchy cucumber slices allow for an added texture that pairs well with the cream cheese. You might even try adding feta cheese as well, but I recommend keeping it simple, allowing for the cucumber to be the prominent taste.

When I am running out the door, 15 minutes to where I have to be, who would guess that something so simple is one of my regular cravings. Forget that you forgot to have lunch, with that being said, this craving is possible to satisfy in those mere minutes.

That someone who occasionally walks down the street with a wrap in hand, say lunch time, (eyes shut, going mm mm) is me,

Haley

1 comment:

Deborah said...

This sounds like the perfect lunch. It is true, so much of life is spent rushing, so it's always good to have something so simple to turn to!